12 Months extended access
Effective from 11 March 2020, former public service employees who: identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, or as a person with disability, or is a participant of an identified employment program*, will be able to view and apply for VPS jobs through the JSE for an additional 12 months after they leave their employment.
In line with the JSE Recruitment Policy, JSE access typically ceases with the end of VPS employment. Extending JSE access for these cohorts is an important step towards supporting less advantaged groups seeking employment and helping the VPS better reflect the diverse community it serves.
*Employment programs include:
- Youth Employment Scheme
- Youth Employment Program
- Youth Cadetship Scheme
- Any Aboriginal internship program
- Any internship program for people with disability
- Any internship program for refugees and asylum seekers.
The following article provides steps on how to extend access to the JSE for 12 months:
9 months extended access
This extended access is available to:
- redeployees who leave the VPS on or after 31 March 2022
- employees whose fixed-term employment contract ends on or after 31 March 2022
The following articles provides steps on how to extend access to the JSE for 9 months:
- New - I am employed on a fixed-term contract which is ending soon. How do I extend my access with the JSE? – Jobs and Skills Exchange help
- I am a redeployee and leaving the Victorian Public Service (VPS), how do I extend my access with the JSE? – Jobs and Skills Exchange help