Redeployees and fixed term employees whose contract of employment ends on or after 31 March 2022 are able to access the JSE jobs board for a period of 9 months after they leave the VPS. Fixed term employees who resign before the nominal expiry date of their contract, and employees who resign from an ongoing contract of employment, are not eligible to access the JSE when their employment with the VPS ceases. This provision is not retrospective and former employees whose contracts concluded prior to 31 March 2022 are not eligible.
If you are a member of the JSE you will need to log in to your JSE account and add/update your eligibility. We recommend you add your personal email address as your primary email. This is important so that we can communicate with you after you have left your employment, and you can reset your password when you no longer have access to your work email.
If you are new to the JSE, register using your personal email address, you will receive an ‘access denied’ error. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your JSE eligibility status. Once we have this information, we will let you know whether you are eligible to use the JSE, and any next steps to take.
Once you’re registered with the JSE you’ll have access to support and services such as:
- Job alerts - have employment opportunities delivered to your inbox
- Member profile – once you fill this out, hiring managers can invite you to apply for a job they think you’d be a strong candidate for.
- Career change and transition – this page offers career advice and tips on job applications, interviewing and resume development
- News – stay up to date on all the latest VPS employment news
- Learning and development – if you’re looking to upskill, you can enrol in a course or micro-credential specifically related to work in the public service.
- Mentoring program for employees with disability - if you’re an employee with a disability looking for a mentor, sign up here.
You can contact our friendly support team at any time if you have any questions: email@example.com