Redeployees and fixed term employees whose contract of employment ends on or after 31 March 2022 have extended access to the JSE for a period of 9 months after they leave the VPS. Note that these changes do not apply retrospectively to former employees who left the VPS prior to 31 March 2022.
If you are a member of the JSE you will need to log in to your JSE account and add your personal email address as your primary email. This is important so that we can communicate with you in future, and you can reset your password when you may no longer have access to your work email.
If you are new to the JSE, register using your work email address and use the link sent by the JSE to verify your email address to be able to log in and then add your personal email address and mark as your primary email. Changing your email address will not impact your log in details (username and password).
If you do not have access to your work email, create an account with your personal email address.
To ensure your extended access is not revoked prematurely:
- Log into your JSE account
- go to the menu at the top of the page
- select My Account
- select Manage personal details
2. Scroll down and from the special interest groups, select Extended access for ending fixed term VPS contracts.
3. Click Save.
Once you’re registered with the JSE you’ll have access to support and services such as:
- Job alerts - have employment opportunities delivered to your inbox
- Member profile – once you fill this out, hiring managers can invite you to apply for a job they think you’d be a strong candidate for.
- Career change and transition – this page offers career advice and tips on job applications, interviewing and resume development
- News – stay up to date on all the latest VPS employment news
- Information sessions – you can book in to learn more about a variety of topics, or just for a tour of the JSE site.
- Learning and development – if you’re looking to upskill, you can enrol in a course or micro-credential specifically related to work in the public service.
- Mentoring program for employees with disability - if you’re an employee with a disability looking for a mentor, sign up here.
You can contact our friendly support team at any time if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org