Effective from 11 March 2020, former Victorian public service employees who: identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, or as a person with disability, or is a participant of an identified employment program*, will be able to view and apply for VPS jobs through the JSE for an additional 12 months after they leave their employment.
In line with the JSE Recruitment Policy, JSE access typically ceases with the end of VPS employment. Extending JSE access for these cohorts is an important step towards supporting less advantaged groups seeking employment and helping the VPS better reflect the diverse community it serves.
*Employment programs include:
- Youth Employment Scheme
- Any Aboriginal internship program
- Any internship program for people with disability
- Any internship program for refugees and asylum seekers
If you are a member of the JSE you will need to log in to your JSE account and add/update your eligibility. We recommend you add your personal email address as your preferred email. This is important so that we can communicate with you after you have left your employment, and you can reset your password when you no longer have access to your work email.
If you are new to the JSE, register using your personal email address, you will receive an ‘access denied’ error. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your JSE eligibility status. Once we have this information, we will let you know whether you are eligible to use the JSE, and any next steps to take.
Once you’re registered with the JSE you’ll have access to support and services such as:
- Job alerts - have employment opportunities delivered to your inbox
- Member profile – once you fill this out, hiring managers can invite you to apply for a job they think you’d be a strong candidate for.
- Career change and transition – this page offers career advice and tips on job applications, interviewing and resume development
- News – stay up to date on all the latest VPS employment news
- Information sessions – you can book in to learn more about a variety of topics, or just for a tour of the JSE site.
- Learning and development – if you’re looking to upskill, you can enrol in a course or micro-credential specifically related to work in the public service.
- Mentoring program for employees with disability - if you’re an employee with a disability looking for a mentor, sign up here.
You can contact our friendly support team at any time if you have any questions: email@example.com