Before considering JSE applications, hiring managers should undertake an initial screening of external applications to check if any JSE-eligible applicants have applied via external jobs boards and can be included with the JSE applications.
Screening involves checking whether an external applicant has:
- ticked ‘yes’ to the question “are you a current VPS employee?” on the application form (on Springboard, they will appears as 'internal' on the candidate grid screen);
- applied using a vic.gov.au email domain;
- informed the hiring manager within a reasonable time during the recruitment process that they are JSE-eligible.
- identified either in their cover letter, email, application form or resume that they have JSE-eligibility;
- indicated in their application materials that they are a current VPS employee (where it is reasonably practicable for a hiring manager to check this).
If a hiring manager has confirmed that an external applicant is JSE-eligible, then they should be considered as a JSE applicant and provided priority consideration, noting that this is at the hiring manager’s discretion and where it is reasonably practicable for them to do so.
JSE-eligible applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for roles via the JSE jobs board, as it may not always be reasonably practicable for a hiring manager to undertake a complete and thorough screening process.