You can fill a new vacancy with a candidate deemed the next most suitable in a previous recruitment process if all the following criteria are met:
- the hiring manager selects a candidate no later than 3 months after the conclusion of the previous recruitment process
- both the vacant role and the previously advertised role are the same Victorian Public Service classification level
- the employment category of the new vacancy must match (or be no more beneficial) than the previously advertised role. For example, if the previous vacancy was fixed-term, the new vacancy must be fixed-term. If the previous vacancy was ongoing, the new vacancy can be ongoing or fixed-term
- the duties carried out in both roles are the same and in the same business unit (e.g., two youth justice workers in the same unit)
- filling the vacancy in this manner is consistent with existing departmental policies.
(See clause 14)