Clause 34 of the Jobs and Skills Exchange (JSE) Recruitment Policy provides:
“To assist business continuity and help build capability across the VPS, the following employees are eligible to apply for jobs through the JSE for 9 months after they leave the VPS:
1. redeployees who leave the VPS on and after 31 March 2022; and
2. fixed term employees whose contracts end on and after 31 March 2022.”
It should be noted:
Fixed term employees – 9 months extended access:
- Employees whose fixed term contracts end on or after 31 March 2022 are eligible for 9 months access to the JSE from the date that their employment with the VPS ceases.
o The intention of providing fixed term employees with 9 months access to the JSE jobs board when their employment in the VPS ends is to support them when they complete their contract and allow them to apply for other roles in the VPS.
o Ongoing employees who have not successfully been redeployed and leave the VPS are
also entitled to 9 months' access to the JSE.
- Fixed term employees who resign prior to the nominal expiry date of the contract, and ongoing employees who resign are not eligible for 9 months’ JSE access.
- Employees who resign from an ongoing contract of employment are not eligible for extended access to the JSE.
- While employees on fixed-term employment are entitled to similar leave and other entitlements as employees with ongoing employment under the VPS Agreement 2020, their employment term is limited and they do not enjoy the same level of job security as employees with ongoing employment.
12 months extended access
- To support the Government’s commitment to increasing diversity across the VPS, any VPS employees who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or a person with disability are eligible for 12 months access to the JSE when they leave their employment. This includes if they resign from their ongoing or fixed term employment contract, or their contract ends. (clause 31)
- Participants of defined employment pathway programs and internships (in the VPS and Victorian public entities) are also eligible for 12 months’ access to the JSE during their program and for 12 months they complete their employment (clause 32).
- If you meet either of these eligibility requirements, please respond to this email and we can advise you on how to set your account up with 12 months extended access.
You can still apply for Victorian public sector jobs through Careers Victoria, the Victorian Government careers website. It’s open to everyone.
More than 250 Victorian public sector employers advertise their job vacancies there.
Please let us know if you require any further support.